Loosing 5 pounds in a month, is very much achievable task. All you need is strong will to do that, except that here i will discuss some easy (not so difficult) rules you need to follow.
1. Eliminate 500 calories each day, by working out hard, and eliminating some high calorie foods.
2. Drinking a lot of water. Increasing water intake during the exercising schedule days.
3. Completely avoid rice, potatoes and fried foods.
4. Eliminate sugar containing foods. On average a normal person consumes 450 calories each day just accounting for sugar. Reducing sugars could greatly boost the weight loosing efforts.
5. Avoid hidden calories. Many restaurants do mis-state calories on their charts. According to research some were found ranging from 100 to 1000 calories over stated. These could result in wasting your weight loosing efforts.
Tip: Always avoid over eating, which could greatly put your weight loosing efforts in vein.