Importance of Mango for Health
The mango is called the king of all fruits. Its taste is quite sweet and it is found in almost all parts of the world. It is found in most of Asian countries in summer. This yellowish color fruit is liked by everyone in the family. Due to its sweet color, good taste and cool smell, it is included in the list of “Super Fruits”. The actual measurement of mango varies from 5 to 15 cm in length and about 4 to 10 cm in width. Its weight also ranges from 150 grams to 750 grams.
Health Benefits of Mangos
Following are some important health benefits of mangoes:
- Mango fruit is rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber, vitamins, mineral and different types of antioxidant components.
- According to the latest research reports, the mango is helpful in curing the colon, breast and prostate cancer.
- Mango is an excellent source of vitamin A. According to a study report, the intake of about 100 grams of mango provides 765 mg or 25% of daily vitamin requirement of the body.
- Fresh mango is very important source of potassium. Potassium is an important cell and body fluid that control the heart rate and blood pressure.
- Mango is also considered an important source of Vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin E.
- The juices of mangoes also provide different health benefits to the individuals.
- Mango juice is very rich in beta-carotene which controls different types of heart disease.